As the summer comes to an end, pears become more plentiful and there are a lot of reasons to eat them.
- They’re a great source of flavonoids, specifically flavonols. These are great for cardiovascular health and can help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- They’re a great source of fiber, with 6 grams in an average pear, more than in one cup of kale! This is beneficial for digestive and gut health, as well as keeping you regular.
- They’re highly nutritious and a great source of potassium, which is also good for balancing out sodium and keeping your blood pressure in check.
- Their high antioxidant levels help reduce inflammation which can lead to chronic disease including cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s
- They’re delicious and can be eaten alone, in salads, or baked into nutritious breads, muffins, and cakes.
Have a pear!